NYS & CT Boaters Guide & Safety Regulations
To be a Boater and Fish with the club in NYS or Connecticut you will need to equip your boat with the following minimum requirements.
- 3 night Time Flares
- Orange Daytime Distress Flag
- One Airhorn (Recommended) or High Pitch Whistle
- An Anchor with at least 10 times the depth you are fishing typically (50 -70 ft minimum)
- One B-1 Type Fire Extinguisher for gas/oil fires.
- A throw-able Type IV Preserver Cushion accessible not locked with (50 ft rope minimum)
- Ignition Key Shutoff Lanyard
- Small First Aid Kit.